Here is a list of all the known compatibilities and incompatibilities with other mods.
As off 12w8b (Steamcraft Version) and higher, Steamcraft is using Forge and forge extended custom sprites, the "not enough sprites" will be fixed due to that, Also the newer versions (SC0.1) and higher are using self classes and do not edit any exisiting ones, that will also fix a few of the incompatibilities.
From version 12w8b and too the newer ones, Steamcraft is using a custom config including id's higher then the reguler id's. that will mean that all of the previous editing config stuff are now gone.
Mods known to work with Steamcraft
- Apothecarium Mod (appears to work without conflicts still testing)
- Connected Together Mod
- Finder Compass
- Finite Liquid (requires a freshly generated world to generate new water, also produces problems fueling the Steam Furnace)
- GLSL Shaders
- More Paintings
- Pchan3's Mods- Airship, Pirates, and Steamboat
- Phoenix Terrain Mod
- Risugami's Sign Tags Mod
- Risugami's Biospheres Mod (Gravel does not appear to be generated, while Sand, Quartz, Volucite, and Uranium are much more rare, making it difficult to make some of steamcraft's items, and impossible to make slate items)
- Risugami's Armour Stand Mod
- Single Player Commands
- Simple Alchemy (turns dirt to copper wire, not redstone)
- Sound Mod Enabler
- TF2 Teleporter
- Too Many Items
- What's My Light Level?
- Zan's Minimap
- Zhark's Mo' Creatures Mod
- Zeppelin Mod
Mods which are NOT compatible
- Better Than Wolves
- Castle Defenders
- iPixeli's Female Mod (earlier versions were known to work)